The mathcounts worksheet can be found HERE. I will have them to pass out tomorrow, April 15, 2014 in classes. It will be due Friday. My suggestion would be to make pictures on graph/grid paper to help you “see” how much space is taken up or not taken up by the cake and the pan.
Memory – James 5:16, Psalm 51:1-2 (EC verse – 1John 1:5-9)
Christian Faith – Journal
Algebra – pg. 514 #3-15 by 3′s, 24-33 by 3′s, 35-41, 43-44 (EC 45)
Green – time to work in class tomorrow – pg. 402 #1-17, 19
Red – pg. 370 #8-27
Grades 6 and 8: No assignments this week. Do not get behind in your reading!
1. Be careful what clothing you pack. The high in Ashland will only be 66 degrees each day. Please abide by the St. Peter Handbook dress code guidelines. If you end up having only one thing Mrs. C. believes is appropriate in your luggage, you will wear that everyday.
2. Don’t forget to bring Bible, Notebook, and pens/pencils.
3. Don’t forget to bring money for stopping to eat on the way to Ashland and for on the way back.
4. Bring your book report-book to read. This week is not an excuse to get behind in your reading!
5. Please carefully review the “What to bring” list posted and sent home previously.
6. Most of all, bring an open mind and a great attitude. We are going to have a blast!
1. Study the Ser verb chart for your quiz next Wednesday and be able to fill in a blank with the correct form of the verb.
2. Mis Amigos Project – 20 points
This week you will be making a collage that includes the following:
-5 pictures attached to a paper (or papers) – 5 points
They can be real friends, celebrities, drawings, make up people, etc.
-10 Spanish sentences – 10 points
For each person on your collage, write 2 sentences in Spanish describing them with a form of “ser” and adjectives. I have included extra adjectives below to help you.
-Neatness – 5 points
7th Grade (Due 4/23)
1. Complete the vocabulary list for the final. Any words you do not remember or do not have your vocabulary lists, you can use google translate and look up the English definitions. You need to have it completely filled out by 4/23.
2. Complete the worksheet “repaso” about boot verbs.
3. There will be a make-up quiz on 4/23 on conjugating boot verbs. Anyone who scored lower than a C on the quiz on 4/9 will have to retake it next week. All others have the option of retaking it (I will take the higher of the two grades).
4. Start studying for your final.
1. Study for your quiz on the definitions of ALL of the most common verbs for your quiz. I created a quizlet account, so you can study them. The address is below, or you can search “senorapalmquist” and look for the 8th grade most common verb list.
2. Complete the translation worksheet.
3. If you did not do you culture presentation already, be ready to do it in class on 4/16.
*We will have a double class period on 4/16 so all students should be able to present.
Oregon Shakespeare Festival (OSF) information packet is being sent home today with a return receipt due tomorrow.
To see where we are staying go to www.theashlandhostel.com
Please have your child at school on Monday, April 14, with their luggage at 8:00 A.M.
Contact me with any further questions.
Quiz on Thursday. Study guide below. Students are welcome to take home a Reflections book if they check it out through me. -Mrs. C.
Travel Brochures for “Ring of Fire” will be presented on Wed. due to testing. Please print your pictures out at home and bring tomorrow to glue in.
Spring Testing: Tuesday & Thursday mornings
Students were given 40 min. to work on “A Roman Obituary” assignment in class today. Some did not finish, so this may be completed at home tonight. Due tomorrow.
Grades 6 & 7:
Spelling City due Friday
Reading Record due Friday
Current Events due Friday
Grade 6: Quiz on Rome Thursday
Grade 7: Quiz on WWII Part 1 Thursday
Grade 7: Memory (1 John 5:14) due on Thursday